John Pesutto is our new (2016) Rotary Hawthorn member, and newish (2014) Member for the State Electorate of Hawthorn, and newish (2014) Shadow Attorney General. And when he spoke to us at Tuesday lunch he revealed an unusual politician:
- pictures as well as words;
- anecdotes as well as facts; and
- insights into our club and District, rather than just generalities.
- Every 3 years
- Held in Chicago
- 10 – 15 April 2016
- 700 attendees from 535 Rotary Districts around the world
- RI top brass present, but not allowed to vote!
- 15 months in preparation
- 117 enactments (constitutional changes) and Resolutions (recommendations) submitted for consideration
- Can now meet fortnightly
- Can now have rules to allow exotic types of membership.
- is enjoyable;
- provides an opportunity to set down your views on your terms; and
- provides opportunities for (mainly pleasurable) reliving of joys and challenges from yesteryear.
- What were the defining moments in our lives?
- Who had already started research that could lead to some form of biography?
Why join the Hawthorn Rotary? Do you know about Rotary, what it does, how it works? Read on - there is nothing more fulfilling, more fun, and more relevant in today's world than contributing to your communities - local, national and international - by joining Rotary. Here are 10 of the most basic reasons.
Second Bite is a well established community service in Melbourne. Its mission is food recycling; that is, using food that would otherwise be wasted. It's about giving good, fresh ingredients new life in a commercial kitchen and, with a bit of creativity, turning them into healthy, hearty meals for people in need.